Saturday, May 28, 2005

So why should you?



Why blog? Everyone else was doing it. But as any assistant principal will tell you, that's not reason enough, so let me more fully explain "Nobody Listens to Andrew." The title comes from a book given to me at an early age. To quote an Amazon.com review:
"Andrew has something important to say, something he knows is true and valid and urgent. But for the life of him, he can't get any grown-ups to pay attention to him. They are all too busy, too numb and on remote control."
Now that I am older, wiser, and better looking, I have less of a listener shortage. But it would be great to have an outlet for the unfinished thoughts and bon mots that cross my mind.

And so here I am. Rock you like a hurricane.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

rock on andrew

Conners said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I just really love this book. I work in a day care center with 2 and 3 year olds and a 2 year old student who is brilliant but unruly(he saw me chewing gum and asked me if I had some "g-a-m"). Whenever he gets a little too wild, all I have to say is "go get Andrew!" and for the next five minutes he's an angel.